September 30, 2013

Our Visit to Schwallier's Country Basket

Here is yet another excellent family trip idea! If you have been reading my blog, you know that our family loves visiting the local farms throughout the Autumn season. We cannot resist the cute farm animals and all the homemade goods.

Miss A (and I!) love feeding the goats. The horns on these baby goats were slightly creepy but they were still irresistibly cute. 




They had the perfect, lovable Halloween kitten roaming around the farm. We were able to hold and pet him.



They had a caged area for extremely tame rabbits to roam. We were able to go inside and hold them!


There were so many activities set up for kids to enjoy. Instead of a sand pit, they had a pit of shelled corn to play around in. I went in and felt the corn between my toes. Miss A rolled around in it!



They had a big slide that went from the top of a small barn to the ground. I showed Miss A how to go down... and ended up sliding my pregnant body down too!


They had a several stacks of hay to climb around on too.




There are so many free activities available that you don't have to spend a dime on your visit. They were even handing out free Gala apples to everybody who walked into their farm market. However, we could not resist buying some homemade pumpkin butter and fresh pumpkin and apple cinnamon donuts! I added the pumpkin butter to my pancake batter this morning... DELICIOUS. 

So if you are in the area, I definitely recommend that you check out this farm!

1185 9 Mile Rd NW, Sparta MI 49345
:)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!
xx Monica xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...