December 30, 2011

Doctor Says I Have A Mom Brain

Today I was at my doctor's complaining about how my body, mind (and soul?) has changed dramatically from my pregnancy.

I can't organize anything in my head anymore... I used to be able to remember very long to-do lists in my head filled with many details on how to fulfill each task. Now I can hardly remember to put on deodorant in the morning. I guess those things are no longer important anymore???? I can't explain it. It's so hard for me to understand because I used to complain all the time about how I thought A.D.D was fake. [I DON'T HAVE A.D.D... :/]

I can't even remember to take my birth control pills each day and when I forget, I have no recollection of forgetting...That is bad because we do not need a terrifying miracle right now [second bundle of joy]. Soon... but let's wait until after our honeymoon... or at least until our daughter is one year old!

My mind simply does not work the way it used to and it REALLY bothers me. I feel so bombarded with the necessary baby to-do things that it's hard to accomplish anything else. Don't ask me how our wedding plans are going... [They will get done before the special day. That's all I have to say about that.] I feel like I have no control over my life anymore.

My doctor says I have a mom brain right now but it will get better. I hope she's right because I hate being disorganized. I'm a multi-tasking, high-achieving, self-motivated person and since my pregnancy, I can't do all the things I used to because my brain shut itself off. Is this my body's way of telling me to focus only upon my baby right now? Will I ever get my brain back? I mean come on... I'm only 23 years old.

Does anyone else have this feeling or am I the only one?

-----------------------

Update: Miss A is 9 months now. Wedding plans folded together perfectly despite procrastination thrills and the loss of my organization skills. (Here are the pictures to prove it!) And though you'd think I'd have found my brain after rolling through another four months of life, it still remains missing. If anyone has any information on the whereabouts of the brain behind Mommy & Love, please contact me via email.  :CASH REWARD:


UPDATE: 9/13/2012
My brain may have been found. Read Finding My Pre-Motherhood Brain

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!
xx Monica xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...