March 7, 2014

J'Adore VoxBox from Influenster

I was super lucky to receive a second VoxBox from Influenster in exchange for product reviews! I was wayy excited to sample these new products. Even my husband benefited from my social media addiction this time!


My J'Adore VoxBox contains the following products:
I have already tried Hershey's Kisses many, many times! As always, they are an excellent addition to our candy bowl.


I have never ever tried fake eyelashes before and never intended on doing so until I saw my tiny, little, baby sister (k.a.l.l.o) wear a pair. [Excuse the inside joke.] A little time passed and I forgot about fake eyelashes. Suddenly, a pair of Kiss Looks So Natural Lashes showed up in my mailbox. It was time to test those babies out!

Boom Baby! You know you like that! 

So my overall opinion of fake eyelashes only applies to the idea of fake eyelashes. I don't like them. I went to the grocery store and was paranoid that my eyelashes were hanging partially off. They were definitely secured in place... but I was worried about it all day. Also, I don't like the idea of people seeing me wearing fake eyelashes and knowing that they are fake. Therefore, no fake eyelashes for me unless it is a special occasion. Overall, I had no problem with the Kiss brand. They were fairly simple to apply and readjust as necessary.

Glamour Shot- Oooh I feel so sexy!
So far I really like the John Frieda Frizz Ease 3-Day Straight Flat Iron Spray. I am positive that it will keep my hair straight for three days. I can't experiment and do the three-day-no-wash confirmation test yet because I constantly have a baby spitting up all over me. I can go two days without showering but I feel really gross by then. If I don't have spoiled milk rotting in my hair, my son probably sprayed me with urine. Pleasant huh? Maybe once my newborn stops drooling all over the place, I can give it a go! I definitely like the product because it is so lightweight that I can not even feel it in my hair. I am anxious to try it out when the summer humidity hits Michigan.


I am a huge fan of any and all face masks; homemade or store bought. So when I found a tube of Boots Botanics Shine Away Ionic Clay Mask in my J'Adore VoxBox, I was stoked! I had a lot of fun with it. I like that it dries really quick and it leaves your face fully refreshed! I only noticed one slightly negative thing about this face mask. The consistency is very thin and runny. It works great but it can get messy. Below, I just had to include pictures with my son who was did not seem to mind that my face was covered in clay... Next time, my sweet two year old girl and I will be using the mask together for some quality girl time. This mask did not make my face burn or tingle intensely.





Gotta love those wrinkles... Hubby thanked me for giving him insight into my future old lady looks!!
The next product is the Red Rose Simply Indulgent Teas. I am more of a coffee drinker than a tea drinker but I do occasionally enjoy a fine cup of tea! The Red Rose Creme Caramel tea has a very rich taste. It is an excellent choice for drinking in the bitter cold, winter weather. I prepared my cup with a dash of sugar and splash of milk. I also made a cup without sugar and equally enjoyed the taste.


My husband got to sample the last product, which was a can of Vaseline Men Spray Lotion. I will summarize his comments and first reactions below, and include my own opinion!

Essentially, the can does what it says it will do. It hydrates your skin quickly. However, he said he was not the ideal candidate for testing this product because he likes to steer clear from lotions with fragrance, as fragrances tend to irritate his sensitive skin. At the very least, he states, "This product increases my chances of getting lucky because my wife likes the scent... haha" It is true that the lotion smells very masculine and sexy! But overall, he does not like it because he finds it dumb that you still have to rub the lotion into your skin after spraying it. He says, "What's the point?" I say, what a typical male response! No true care in the world about silly new products on the market... LOL. I love spray on lotion and think it is much easier to apply than bottled lotion!

I cannot convince him to let me film an instavideo of him applying the lotion to submit to Influenster. He is NO FUN! Hahaa... I want to make one of those sexy perfume commercials with a deep voiced man saying "OH BABY" in the background!! I will continue to work on catching him in action using the Vaseline Men Spray Lotion he claims to have no interest in! Hahaha.

Anyways, that is all for now! A big thanks to Influenster! If anyone is interested in signing up for Influenster, contact me with your email and I will send you an invite. Otherwise, feel free to check it out yourself at Influenster.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!
xx Monica xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...