May 31, 2012

Do You Experience Mother's Intuition?

I hear my baby cry (in my head) right before she actually cries in real life. This has happened on several occasions since she was born. We have some eerie, unexplainable, mother-daughter connection. I'm sure you have heard the phrase, "Mother's Intuition". Let me tell you that there is no way to describe what it is happening so you will just have to take my word. It exists. I'm not sure if fathers experience something similar but this connection is genuine and not limited to just genetics.  

Earlier today I experienced this connection (for the hundredth time). We were both enjoying a lovely afternoon nap. I semi-woke up and just laid in bed until I heard my baby cry in my mind. A split second later, my baby woke up and cried. A SPLIT SECOND LATER.

This happens so often!

Usually I wake up from a dead sleep early, early in the morning and think about her crying. A split second later, she cries. She doesn't always wake up to stay up, but she will cry and wake me up (before actually crying) and fall right back asleep. It is the strangest thing ever. I find it very fascinating. My husband tried telling me that my baby had already been crying, which is why I thought about it... and then the baby cried a second time. Bologna. That is not what happened.

I ain't be no charlatan fool! 

I have a superpower that was given to me at the time of my daughter's conception. Okay, so the exact time is debatable but even before I saw the two lines on the pregnancy test, I knew I was pregnant. I KNEW IT. Sometimes, mothers just know and there is no scientific explanation for it. Let's leave it at that and enjoy our special bond we have with our children.

Has my experience happened to you? Feel free to leave your own personal stories in the comments below. I find this subject highly interesting!

6 comments:

  1. I read this to my mom and she said the exact same thing happened to her all the the time. She was super grateful for it, because she had two very little babies, Maggie was Amelia's age when I was born. So, it saved her tons of time. :)

    Maggie and I have it with each other. She could be on the other side of the playground and knew I fell. I can go days without talking to her get a feeling that something really positive or negative happened, and call; I have never been wrong. Maybe Mom passed this to us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's "Sister's Intuition" ;) How very cool!

      Delete
  2. Oh, yes. And now that my daughter is 21 and my son is 12, I can tell you with confidence that it doesn't go away. My daughter's living on her own now, but I know when she's going to call. And when she's about to break up with her boyfriend (good thing, so I always have ice cream ready when she shows up in tears in the middle of the night).

    It was more pronounced with my son. Like you, I knew the split second before he cried. Sometimes I'd wonder whether he would've slept quietly if I hadn't been there thinking of him crying? Chicken and egg kinda thing, I guess. Now I wake up at night the instant before he has a bad dream, or gets up to go to the bathroom, or comes down with a stomach bug that has him throwing up everywhere. It's very strange, and yet it makes me feel quite close to him knowing him this well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is such a special connection. I'm glad it doesn't go away because I love it. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, thank y'all so much for posting this! It happened to me with baby number 2 all the time and baby number 3. I wanted to look around to see if it has happened to anyone else bc it just happened to me again last night! I'm happy to know it never stops. M grandfather use to always tell me him and I were connected in different way and when I was 12 I was w a friend and broke down crying thinking something terrabel had happened to my grandfather! My friend told me not to worry and that he's fine but 3 hrs later my mom came knocking on her door and when I asked if we could go see my papa she started crying and said he passed away about 3 in a half hrs ago! So maybe he passed that great intuition on to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm glad to hear more people have this kind of intuition because the stories are so neat. I personally think that intuition has more to do with the relationship rather than genetics but you never know, your grandfather could have passed it on to you! Regardless, it is so interesting to hear that this intuition applies to more relationships than just the mother-child connection. The world really is mysterious! :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading!
xx Monica xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...