June 8, 2011

"Pregnancy is the closest thing to death that a women will ever experience...!"


Today at work, a group of us were talking about how women go through more stressful life changes compared to men. Women have puberty, pregnancy, and menopause. Men have puberty. This lady is rattling off all her reasons why women have it harder than men when she says, "Pregnancy is the closest thing to death that a woman will ever experience!" I'm sitting in the circle, 34 weeks pregnant, thinking oh god, not another pessimistic view on labor. I'm already beginning to get nervous about the whole baby delivery thing. I don't need anyone telling me their own personal horror stories!! All the women closest to me say I have nothing to worry about. And that it will be fine and it's not as bad as the delivery experiences shown on television.

So just a bit of friendly advice. Don't scare new moms to be. Let them remain in their blissful state of mind until the pain comes... There's no use having women dread something that will end up being beautiful in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!
xx Monica xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...