August 29, 2012

Camping & Boating: Elk Lake & Grand Traverse Bay

We went back to White Water Township Park this passed weekend, where my mom and step dad have a seasonal pass for the summer. This was our second trip, but unfortunately for Bill, only Miss A and I were lucky enough to go. We had a blast!

This was our make shift cart we toted Miss A around at the campground. 


My sister Valerie and I hiked the trails until she passed out. 


Campfire

fire

She's rockin' her sunglasses as we head down to the boat launch!


Granny and Baby on Elk Lake!


My brother Bryce diving into the water! COOL picture! 
I taught him how to dive on our first trip up north. 


Bryce chilling on the bow. I took this picture through the cuddy window! 


Exhausted Boatin' Baby!


Glamor shot of my sister Valerie.


We tried to paddle in this raft all the way to the sandbar. Here, we are in the East Grand Traverse Bay. 
The water was so beautiful and fairly warm for the end of August! 


We got tired of paddling so we got towed to the sandbar. We brought Miss A into the raft for her first "tubing" experience! She wasn't scared at all. We were going really, really slow.


Miss A had a little snack station in the boat that consisted of blueberries and cherry tomatoes! 
Too funny.


There were four windsurfers on the shore line. These windsurfers are bringing their sail to shore via boat. They were super cool people. I watched them do a complete 360 on their surf board while windsurfing. It was awesome!


She loves loves LOVES water! (But she's afraid of sand.
UH OH.


Here is our boat. Not too shabby. SUPER FUN!


Beautiful scenery out on Grand Traverse Bay shoreline

East Grand Traverse Bay

Another beautiful picture of our beautiful 90 degree day

East Grand Traverse Bay shoreline

Boating always wipes Miss A out! All the fun in the sun and water wears her out.  


We made the coolest water slide! We flipped that big raft over and laid it over the back of the boat. My step dad said we looked like sea otters slipping down the slide! SO MUCH FUN! 

Make shift water slide on back of boat

I love Lake Michigan! 
(Technically this is the East Grand Traverse Bay still.)


Me!


My mom and brother


Heading back to the Elk Rapids Harbor



Beautiful Sunset






Here I am glowing in the sunset with my soaked shirt... No biggie!


Tired girlie in the sunset


My muddy feet!!


On the road home


Grandpa & Baby by the big fish!


Relaxing... look at those long legs!


Grandma & Baby on the bear downtown Elk Rapids


Elk Rapids clock

Grandpa carrying the heavy baby! Look at what my daughter has in her hands... grandma's wallet!! She's learning young.


Pretty scenery in Elk Rapids


Miss A walking around



We had a really great time up north. I love the Traverse City surrounding area. 
There is so much to do and I love the water! 
Another dream of mine is to have a permanent home up north in that part of Michigan. =)


2 comments:

  1. Wow, those pictures are beautiful! It looks like so much fun! And total props to Amelia for eating blueberries and tomatoes alone for a snack! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such adorable pictures! Looks like so much fun!
    xo
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!
xx Monica xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...