August 23, 2012

Pregnancy Symptoms Still Here After Miscarriage

I had my second miscarriage at five weeks pregnant, one month ago.

I still don't have much emotion about the whole event. The only problem is that my body is still out of whack. I feel nauseous and tired all the time. I've had a couple days where my moods were almost uncontrollable. Yesterday, for example, I was irritated all day for no reason. It is the worst feeling. My poor husband was probably fed up with me. I cried in irritation because gravy spilled over the edge of the bowl in the microwave. Also, because my online job application froze up. I breathed through the emotions but it barely helped. (I'm assuming it's PMS...?)

I have heard that pregnancy symptoms can remain with you for several weeks after a miscarriage. Though, I have also heard that the ceasing of pregnancy symptoms is a definite sign of a miscarriage. This is causing me confusion, especially since I am still waiting for my regular menstrual cycle to return again. I am wondering if I really did have a miscarriage (like I believe whole heartedly to have had). It sure seemed like a miscarriage with the cramping and passing of tissue. When I told my doctor, he said that I did not need to have a follow up appointment since I miscarried really early at five weeks. I only have to return if I do not get my period and/or I have unusual symptoms like fevers. 

If I am still pregnant, I would be devastated because I have drank several times this past month. I honestly don't think I am still pregnant, but my nausea is tossing me in the dark. I am confused. I am desperately waiting for my period to come... I know this is a complicated issue and that no one can really help because every person goes through a unique experience. SO I WILL RESUME WAITING... for time to tell me what the heck my body is doing. 

4 comments:

  1. Our bodies are such strange things. I've been nauseaus for the past 2 weeks, never throwing up by having "yuck" feeling in my throat. 6 days before my period, I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. Then I did get my period, but it was early and lasted only 2.5 days. I'm on BC still so everything should be normal, but it wasn't. And I'm still nauseaus. All this to say, I wish I could give you an answer for what's going on with your body, but I can't. I hope you figure it out soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm.. that is very weird! Good luck to you on ridding your nausea. It's very annoying. :/

      Delete
  2. Im going through the same thing right now. at 8 Weeks, my doctor said that my baby died, but everything was still growing. I would be 9 Weeks now. Symptoms vary in intensity, but has not gone away. Its really heart wrenching...first that I lodt my baby that we saw on the first u/s..then to still have all the symptoms but for nothing. Not to get anyone's hopes up, but there are many women out there that could be misdiagnosed..so even the thought of possibly still being pregnant is tortuous. whether you are pregnant or not, best to eat healthy, drink lots of water and take your supplements. Im still taking my prenatal vitamins to prepare my body for a possible natural miscarriage (or misdiagnosis), added a super b vitamin to help with the nausea and eat healthier (i still have my cravings for chocolate cake and hamburger steak). Also writing your feelings down and talking with people who have gone through the same thing helps distracts you from the stress (for me, even during my pregnancy, any kind of stress made me sick). Exercise also helps. I pray that you and your family will get through this, and pray that you will have healthy babies in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your thoughts. Sorry to hear about your situation as well. As an update to this post... I'm still pretty sure I had a real miscarriage. My exhaustion finally ended recently and I did get my period, which is a fairly good confirmation for me (along with just a general knowing). Good luck to you and your family too.

      Delete

Thanks for reading!
xx Monica xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...