Before I could feel my baby move in my belly, I was always curious to know what women meant when they asked, "Do you feel flutters?" or "Do you feel the butterflies yet?" I didn't have a clue and I was dying to find out fast. I wanted to be included in this special moment that so many pregnant women were experiencing. The only thing I felt at 16 weeks pregnant was pressure in my lower abdomen, which many times turned out to be excess gas. Once or twice a week, I began feeling "something" in my belly. This "something" I knew to be the baby but I also thought my mind was playing tricks on me.
For any ladies in the same situation as I was, Have No Fear! You will feel tremendous amounts of movement sooner than you expect. I am currently in my first pregnancy and it took a good 20 weeks before I really began feeling my baby. Just try your best to be patient [very difficult I know!] and give your baby some time to grow! I am 30 weeks pregnant now and I will try to give you a better explanation of what these baby movements feel like.
Baby Movements are like...
- The feeling you get going down a roller coaster but much shorter.
- Someone is kicking you or giving you an elbow shove from the inside. [High chance this is actually happening!]
- Someone is smoothing out the inside of your belly with a door knob or end of a rolling pin.
- A baseball being pushed against & rolled around on the inside of your belly.
- A bunch of rustle & bustle deep down without touching the surface of your belly.
- Someone is flicking you on the inside.
- Something is trying to push itself outside of you. [When the movement gets further up near my ribs, I especially feel this way!]