March 17, 2014

Corned Beef Brisket Dinner to Celebrate St. Patrick's Day


I accidentally planned an Irish meal on St. Patrick's Day. Seriously. I bought a corned beef brisket at the store a few days ago thinking, "Hmm... I used to like corned beef, I wonder if I still do". I didn't get around to cooking it this past weekend because it requires 3-4 hours to cook and I procrastinated. I told myself I would cook it on Monday (today), not realizing it was St. Patrick's Day... 

It all came together this morning and I was stoked to be celebrating this normally drunken holiday in a more mature fashion! I cooked the meat with potatoes and cabbage for the side dishes to really add to the Irish spirit. All in all, I feel really excited to be celebrating this holiday, even though I originally was planning to watch it pass by! Oh, how I live for the little things in life. 

*** later***

I thoroughly enjoyed eating this meal even though it looks like a cow was pulled apart and thrown about on my plate... I did eat two large plates of this though, trying my best to eat faster than my mind thought about the dead cow... Yes, I am weird. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!
xx Monica xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...