September 7, 2013

What Age Do You Start Brushing Your Child's Teeth?

When is the right time to start brushing your child's teeth? I was wondering that myself after visiting the dentist when Miss A was only six months old. As soon as her teeth started to come in painfully one by one, I began feeling guilty about not brushing them. She didn't have a mouthful of teeth yet, but I wondered how the fruit that she gummed and teethed on for hours would effect the teeth that were already in her mouth. It was around that time (six months) that I let Miss A start playing and chewing on a toothbrush.

When she had almost a full mouth of teeth around age one, I officially started brushing her teeth as much as possible. It gets very tedious brushing your child's teeth, but it is a necessity in forming good brushing habits at an early age. I started brushing her teeth only in the shower, which made it so her teethed were brushed at least four-five times per week.

I would brush her teeth first, tell her to spit it out, and then I'd do a brush rinse again before handing her the toothbrush to practice herself.

SHE LOVED BRUSHING HER TEETH. It's still one of the highlights of her day now! After a good four months or so of practicing brushing her teeth in the shower, we changed it to a daily routine at the bathroom sink. I still brush her teeth first and then let her brush her teeth by herself so I can make sure she gets a good teeth cleaning.

At two years old, Miss A is a professional teeth brusher! This morning when it was my turn to brush my teeth, she told me to make sure I spit it out. I was brushing my teeth and laughing hysterically because she was being so sincere! She repeatedly told me to spit it out as my mouth foamed with toothpaste! Funny Girl.

Elephant Toothbrush & Colgate Toothpaste

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!
xx Monica xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...